The report is available for download at http://oc.lc/TippingPoint.
Interesting phrases from the report:
- The brand perception of libraries remains firmly planted in tradition. Libraries = books.
- Inconvenient = irrelevant. Out of sight, out of mind. On my mobile, on my mind.
- The library just “didn’t come to mind” for the majority of online learners.
- A new future is coming to education—and libraries. The sparks are visible. It’s time to act.
- Students, parents and online learners see library spaces as convenient places to work. They value online access to materials. They say that libraries provide the tools to get work done and offer relevant, current information.
- Putting library convenience center stage will increase library relevance.
Full Press release below. Continue reading →